Hearing aids function successfully to compensate hearing loss. However the batteries wear out with time and need replacement. It is impossible to predict how durable the batteries are. Buy quality hearing aid batteries in Calgary and enjoy the experience of wonderful hearing.
Like the fingerprints, no two people have identical hearing loss. Some may have mild hearing loss while others may have intense hearing loss. They may have different hearing loss needs. Thus no two batteries will have the same shelf life as they are being used differently by two wearers.
Here is an overview that explains facts about hearing aid batteries:
Key elements which affect the Battery Life:
Hearing loss of a Person: When the intensity of hearing loss increases, the amplification also increases. This results in more battery consumption. As hearing loss becomes severe, the battery’s life is reduced.
Use of Hearing Aids: The battery life can be predicted depending on the per hour usage of the hearing aid. Some people may wear the aid for lesser hours while some wear the hearing aid for maximum hours in a day.
Type of hearing aids: Hearing aids that have sophisticated technology need more battery. The more advanced features the device has, more battery will be exhausted.
Environmental Conditions: Certain environmental factors play an important part in deciding the battery life. The battery dries in low humidity zones thus reducing the battery life. Avoid storing batteries in dry environment to reduce their draining out. Low temperature and low oxygen level at high altitudes tend to reduce the battery voltage, thus damaging the battery.
Noisy environments: The environment also has an effect on the battery life. For example, The battery will last longer if the hearing aid is used in silent places such as libraries. In contrast the battery will drain out in noisy environments.
Tips to Enhance the Battery life:
- Store the batteries in their packages at room temperature. Avoid storing them at dry places and refrigerators.
- Avoid carrying them in pockets. If they touch metallic objects, they can blowout. Dispose the dead batteries properly and keep them away from children.
- If you are using zinc air batteries, open the seal and allow some air to escape. The air activates the battery and helps it to function better.
- Temperature variations and oxidation also affect the battery life.
- After you have changed the batteries, wash your hands properly. The dirt could harm the hearing device.
- Turn off the battery when you are using the hearing aid to prevent damage to the battery.
- Open the battery chamber of the hearing aid before sleeping so that moisture enters the battery and prevents it from abrading.
Rechargeable Hearing aid Batteries: These Nickel Hydride batteries are alternatives to the zinc air batteries. They have portable pen chargers which charge batteries in about five hours. You can charge the battery more than 600 times. These batteries are available in Calgary.
Description: Never, buy cheap hearing aids in bulk as they are destroyed lying on the shelves. Contact the audiologists to get free consultation about hearing aid batteries in Calgary.