Pindrop Hearing Centre offers an expert staff and the best in cutting edge hearing technology.
Having your hearing tested may not be at the top of your priority list, but it’s one small task that can have a huge impact on your quality of life. If you’ve been experiencing problems keeping up with conversation, hearing the television, or interacting meaningfully with loved ones due to not being able to hear them clearly, it may be time to have an evaluation. At Pindrop Hearing Centre in Abbotsford, hearing tests are our expertise – you can trust us to make the experience as comfortable and simple as possible.
The process is generally carried out over the course of several steps:
- Hearing test – Your hearing test will be performed by a trained professional who is highly skilled in the areas of diagnosing and treating hearing loss. This step usually takes about 30-45 minutes.
- Hearing aid evaluation – We will discuss your options with you and decide upon a course of action, whether that includes a device, or simply further monitoring.
- Fitting (if a hearing aid is required) – One to two weeks after your test, you will return to the office for a fitting. In addition to fitting your device to your ear, we will program the hearing aid and do a little bit of fine tuning. Most major adjustments are reserved for later, after you’ve gotten used to the device.
- Follow-up – One to two weeks after your fitting, you will come in for further adjustments to your device, in order to optimize its functionality so that you can reap the most possible benefits from its use. We may use equipment called Real Ear Equipment to test the device right inside your ear.
- Additional follow-up – Pindrop’s care doesn’t stop after you get your hearing aid. Every six months we will schedule you a hearing aid cleaning and checkup.
If you live in Abbotsford, a hearing test is as close as a phone call. Schedule your appointment today – 604-557-1350.