See the experts at Pindrop Hearing Centre for the best in discreet hearing aids.
If you’ve been putting off having a hearing test or getting hearing aids because you’re afraid you’ll be stuck with bulky, awkward, large earpieces, consider trying out a discreet hearing aid. Technological advancements in hearing solutions have progressed so much that some devices are virtually undetectable when inserted. At Pindrop Hearing Centres we know that larger devices can be embarrassing and that some people prefer a solution that is easier to disguise.
Some of the options available today for those who prefer a discreet hearing aid include:
- ITC (In the Canal): Good for mild to severe hearing impairment, this device goes in the bowl – or concha – of the ear and is both comfortable and convenient due to the availability of volume controls if desired.
- RITE (Receiver in the Ear): This hearing aid is made with the receiver in the ear tip, rather than behind the ear, for a smaller size and lower visibility of the device around the ear. This device is good for mild to severe impairment.
- miniRITE (mini Receiver in the Ear): Also appropriate for hearing loss that is mild to severe, this is the most commonly used style of hearing aid today. This discreet hearing aid is small and fits in behind the ear with a small wire tube, which is virtually invisible as it is attached to a receiver inside the ear canal.
- CIC (Completely in the Canal): Those with hearing impairment that is mild to moderately severe may use this model. This custom hearing aid is placed deep inside the ear canal, making it cosmetically attractive as well as comfortable.
- IIC (Invisible in the Canal): If you have mild to moderately severe hearing loss you may prefer this optimally discreet hearing aid. Both comfortable and attractive, the IIC rests deep in the ear canal, offering the ultimate in discretion.
To discuss the hearing aid solution that’s right for you, call any of our locations and we’ll be happy to help you set up a consultation.